Friday, March 27, 2009

eureka

Jonah came home from school yesterday and exclaims, "mom, you're going to be really mad at me."
"Why, Jonah?"
I love that my kids confess almost everything to me still, so I try not to freak out too much or they will start trying to hide the bad stuff.
"I left my homework at school. I was so excited to come home I just forgot it. I was just SO EXCITED!"
"Why are you so excited?"
He sits down on the floor and empties this out of his cargo pocket.

The fourth graders at school are doing "gold rush week" for California history. The kids got to prospect on the field.
It was a good day. We got our tax return, and Jonah struck gold. Hopefully he can use it to buy an 'A' on his times test.

I made these little lambs for Jonah's spring fling party at school. You have to cut all the marshmallows in half, which took a while, the nose is gum, the eyes are mini chocolate chips. I got the idea from MarthaStewart.com It calls for mini M&M's for the eyes, but I went to two stores and couldn't find them and that is my limit. It's a cupcake by the way.
Happy Spring Everyone!

4 comments:

Gaylene said...

You are such a good mom. I see cute cupcakes like that in magazines and I always think, "that is so cute but there is no way I'm doing all that work." Good job.

DubyDubyDo said...

Who knew 15 years ago that we would be looking at marthstewart.com and baking cupcakes for our kids!! I love it!!!

Kathi said...

I love that he was so excited to show you his gold.
The cupcakes look scrumptious!

Shannon said...

Yum!!
And pass some of that gold this way. :)