Please indulge me a moment while I brag about my little soccer star who scored the winning goal in her league's championship game. Actually, she scored both goals for her team to win 2-1.
The teams were pretty evenly matched and right at the end of the first half, Naomi broke away and dribbled past all defenders and just launched this beautiful shot to the upper right corner.
No one else scored until the last 5 minutes, then the opponents scored. Tied 1-1. Then with one minute left in the game, her teammate took a shot that the goalie blocked, but didn't catch, and Naomi was right there to knock it in. The Highlights (team name inspired by the uniform color) won the title. It was a lot of fun. She was quite impressive and we are quite proud.
2 comments:
Congratulations Naomi!!!
I'm glad you're proud! Its our job as parents! That sounds like an exciting game. Riley started soccer this year, and her Tournament was not so hot, so I'll live vicariously through you guys :)
Post a Comment