Thursday, May 8, 2008

Virgin voyage


OK all you seasoned bloggers out there, no mocking my futile attempt of keeping a blog. It's not the technology I am afraid of, or even the security, but the fact I have to maintain and update with new postings. I am hoping the facts that I am 8 months pregnant, potty training my 3rd kid, running the other two to school, sports, and play dates will exempt me for anyones expectations of quality content. That disclaimer being stated, I hope our family adventures are as entertaining to you as they are to us!

The kids and I took a trip to Quail Gardens in Encinitas. The first Tuesday of every month you get in free. It was actually more fun than I thought it would be. The kids loved the bamboo forest and the pond with turtles and giant toads.


The giant toads actually reminded me of when I was a kid and all of the sudden it started smelling like rotten fish by our front door. Nobody could figure out why, but the smell kept getting worse. Finally someone took the initiative to investigate and found a huge rotting toad behind the bushes. It was about 6-8 inches in diameter! Poor Kermie. I'm sure these toads face a better fate.

3 comments:

Lindi said...

Yeah the first comment! I have to admit futile is a big word and i had to look it up. it means serving no useful purpose. Try to keep it up so we can see you what your fam is up too. i miss you guys.

Kathi said...

I'm so excited to take a little peek into your adventures! The kids will love it. I will love it.

Shannon said...

Finally! Welcome to blog world. :)