Friday, May 30, 2008

wish


Naomi is the featured student of her class this week. She got to make a poster about herself to share. She was asked to draw a picture of herself, her friends, her family, her favorite place to be and "if I had one wish". Sweet little Naomi looked up at me and said, "if I had one wish I would wish people couldn't fight anymore." She is truly the most unselfish, caring soul I've ever met.

I think I sometimes underestimate how pure and meek children can be. I get caught up in the everyday demands of modern life. School, housekeeping, and sibling quarrels tend to scream a little louder. But once in a while I capture a moment that humbles me and shows me that this is what Jesus meant when he said we must be as little children to enter the kingdom of God. I wish I were little more like Naomi.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I love her wish. Sweet girl!