Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Outings

YES! Both girls asleep at the same time. I have about 45 minutes until the "bigs" get home from school. Catch up time. Let's see... soccer, birthday parties, soccer, cubs scouts, homework, soccer, homework...get the picture? We have started a new Sunday activity. There is a beautiful walking trail close to our home that let us enjoy God's creations and get the wiggles out all in one.


We went to the air show at Miramar marine air base. Yes, Miramar as in TOP GUN!
No, we didn't see Tom Cruise or Val Kilmer, but the show was awesome. I thought that by bringing ear plugs for everybody I came prepared, but even with the airpugs in those jets were like lightening...in speed and sound. Poor Liliana. Her eyes got so big and she just stared at me like, "mom, why are you letting me be here?" She did great though. We saw an F-16 and F-22 perform and some other little custom trick plan that did stuff I didn't think possible. We left before the Blue Angels flew because I was worried about Lily getting post traumatic stress syndrome, but we will be going next year again for sure.
The kids got toys of the same plane (F-22)

Check this out. This plane stopped, hovered, then flew backward, then landed like a helicopter. Who Knew? Sorry about the poor video, I just filmed it as we were walking out the gates.
(oops, couldn't upload the video, but it was awesome)

2 comments:

Ryan and Kim said...

Weird...I didn't know planes could do that either. Looks like fun though!

Lindi said...

WOW what a great air show. To bad Val or Tom wernt there. good to see you are using that double stroller