
The sand Mt. Everest

Filling in"the swamp"

As you can tell from our glamour shot, the picture of my sister Lindi and I was taken after the race. The first half of the race started off on packed sand (the sand on the water line). We had the first 2 obstacles in the ocean which was basically running in and out around bouys that were supposedly waist high...well maybe if you were 6'4''. However if you are 5'4'' and then you factor in the surf, know that I went under water at lest 3 times and mostly "running" in water up to my arm pits. Then we ran the second half of the race in dry sand(AKA deep). That was tough because I have a hard time walking in deep sand let alone running in it. Plus we are throwing in obstacles like "the swamp" and "MT. Everest" and hurdling road blocks, running through tires, stepping through hanging hula hoops, belly sand crawls, over/under limbo bars. But you know what, it was so ridiculous it was fun, and I am crazy enough to do it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment