
When we first moved into our house we often found dog poop on our front lawn. Once it was in the middle of our driveway, and once it was right in front of our front door. "oh hello, good morning" : (
The #1 reason we don't have a dog is because of the poop. I certainly don't want anyone elses. We have kids that play out there! So I staked it out and found out who it was. Our neighbor across the street just let her dog out off leash to go take care of business wherever she wanted to (as long as it wasn't her yard she didn't have to pick it up?) For a few weeks we tried to scare off the dog when she came around, it helped but I can't be guarding the house all day. I also need to mention that the dog has a SERIOUS flea problem. The poor thing has chewed off half her hair and neighborhood gossip is that the house is pretty infested too.
Finally I just approached our neighbor and said, hey, we are finding a lot of poop in the yard, and I'm not blaming anyone but would really appreciate it if you would walk you dog on leash. Of course she let me know that she usually does walk her dog on leash (NOT) and it wasn't her dog.
So the poop stopped landing in our yard yea! And our neighbor stopped talking to us. She wouldn't return a wave, wouldn't even look at us. Who cares as long as the poop is gone right? No, I'm just kidding. For the next 5 months I made sure I smiled real big and waved everytime I saw her and finally she melted and would wave to us again.
So we are back to normal, eveyone likes us again. One day after Deon had just come home from work the neighbor comes over and wants to hold Lily. Deon said "sorry I just got home I need her for a little while." He felt a little bad, but not really. Are we going to get the cold shoulder?
The next week she comes over with a baby gift. Yea we not gettng dissed again. She got Lily the cutest little pink Ugg Boots. So to make ammends Deon says "would you like to hold her?" We pass her off and the neighbor oohs and ahhhs and enjoy it.
Deon and I later hi-five each other for keeping our neighbor on our good side. I was feeling really good until the next morning when i found A FLEA on my baby!
So bloggers what do I do? I don't want to let her hold my baby again, or come in my house again. Am I overreacting or justified? What would you do?
7 comments:
I am not a mom, but I say you are justified. Relationships with you neighbors can't come at the sake of your baby's health! So just be friendly by waving...
You should dump flea powder around the perimeter of her house.
Oh Girl. I just started getting itchy.
You can't let her in.
Oh Kari- that is the funniest story-not laughing at your expense, just the irony of the whole thing.
I would guard your kids and still wave and smile.
you could always mention that you found a flea too (just blame it on her dog??)
oh and thank her for the sweet, pricey Uggs!
I was laughing...sorry to hear about the flea! What to do?? Maybe not accepting any gifts would be the trick (that is if the flea came from the boots).
I am with Kathi, don't let her in!
Kari, I enjoyed the post...I kept hoping the ending was not going to be what I thought it was...that was just finny/sad/ironic...I would send over the missionaries to check things out :o)
I say you fill those cute boots full of her dog's doody and leave them on their doorstep with a sign that says "Say NO to fleas"!
Totally kidding. That is a funny story. Of course you are justified!
Thanks for your support. Did mention the flea was on her chin? Yeah. Then it jumped into and tried to burrow into her fuzzy pajamas. The Uggs are quarantined for a while and we are back to just waving from a distance.
Post a Comment